Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, February 23, 2024

MTTC #528 Create Your Own Background Theme DT card for 23 February 2024

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog!

Purpose: this posting showcases my DT inspiration project for My Time To Craft challenge blog (which I manage)

When: #528 theme competition starts February 23, 2024 and will last 13 days

What: made a plaid 'paper' and altered a gray with tiny flowers cardstock with a mix of alcohol and watercolor markers to be colorful for a non-traditional Christmas card


closeup of the plaid: some wavy lines and some straight 



Notes:

1. white card base is folded on left side; The Paper Studio

2. lavender text print paper; Hot Off The Press via Paper Wishes website

3. gray with white flowers cardstock ; Stampin' Up

4. four die-cuts and 4 dots (3 in cluster and 1 up near pink flower's leafy stem); Feelin' Frosty collection by ?

5. alcohol markers = Arteza and Nuvo

Where: MTTC #528 main launch posting link=

https://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2024/02/mttc-528-theme-is-create-your-own.html

===========================

other places:

A. Krafty Chicks; started Feb 22; All Occasions week/rotation; My card is a non-traditional winter/Christmas colored Christmas card

link= https://kraftychickschallenge.blogspot.com/2024/02/krafty-chicks-challenge-704-all.html

B. C.R.A.F.T. challenge; current; theme is Christmas; My card is a non-traditional winter/Christmas colored Christmas card

link= https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2024/02/challenge-709-christmas.html

C. Night Owls Create Beautiful challenge; started 2 days ago; Brr It's Cold (show cold/winter/snow); My Christmas card has a snow globe die-cut and there's a snowman inside the snow globe

link= https://nightshiftstamping.blogspot.com/2024/02/20022024-challenge-34-brr-wie-kalt-ist.html

D. Double D challenges; current; theme is patterned paper; MY Christmas card has a gray and white SU patterned paper panel on top of a lavender text print paper (very subtle); I altered the floral print my adding alcohol and watercolor marker 'dots' to fill the teeny flowers in the paper

link= https://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2024/02/patterned-paper.html

E. Word Art Wednesday; week of 2 of 2; theme is anything goes that is uplifting and encouraging; My card is a Christmas wintery wishes card with non-traditional colors

link= https://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2024/02/anything-goes-weeks-635-636.html

============================

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


*manager of these 2 blogs: MTTC and its sister blog, My Time To Craft Christmas

*co-owner/DT of these 2: AACB and CBCB

*owner/DT of these 6: HQCB, HQFCB, HQCOLCB, FQCB, FQGS, and FQCCCB


15 comments:

  1. I love the colour combo that you've chosen for your card, it makes it more special and original. That plaid paper that you've made is fantastic, I love it. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your blog visit, Ilse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becca I am so glad that I found your blog I just had to pay you a visit your comments that you leave for me are so uplifting and heart warming I have been looking at your creations they are FAB this one is gorgeous love the background and that Plaid paper this is super and very creative
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet, Lorraine, to visit and share your thoughts!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous plaid paper you have created Becca - the perfect foil for the busy panel behind it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card, Becca. Thank you again for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate another blog visit from you, Sheryl! Have a great happy crafting day!

      Delete
  6. Awesome card Becca - great colors! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great use of all those patterned papers. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy: I appreciate that you've stopped by my blog!

      Delete
  8. Becca, I love that you have used these bright, happy non-traditional Christmas colors. What a fun mix of images and great plaid paper. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda: I appreciate that you've visited my blog!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.