Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! For this design team (DT) commitment, I had a lightbulb moment that nudged me to check my box of Spring and Easter embellishments which led me to the bunnies and carrot. YEA! The painted circles were done before opening the box and lucky for me the 'carrot' colors worked out great! YEA! And project #2 is the result from me opening up a forgotten plastic shoe box with a mix of stamps and washi tapes that inspired a birthday card.
My Time To Craft challenge blog is who/what these design team cards for inspiration were made. Challenge #477 starts on March 11, 2022 at 6am UK/12 am CST. The theme is animals, so this is a quite broad theme for crafters! Thousands of possibilities.
Hopping To You Easter card=
close-up cropped scan pic=
MTTC #477 posting link=
Too cute! The paint rings were made with a toilet paper roll! Green acrylic paint on neon deep orange (which the scanner light has faded out) cardstock was adhered to a pale peach/blush pink color cardstock flat base.
1. alpha letters = Webster Pages
2. bunnies and carrots = ?/bought a year or two ago; probably at DG or DT
3. the kraft paper is not part of the card, just being used to block the scanner light
4. this was easy to make but did take longer for total time due to needing time for the paint to dry--literally
5. overall dimensions: about 6.25" wide and 4.25" high
Bunny with bear Birthday card for DT project #2=
A few design notes for #2=
1. washi tapes are from a set I've had for years (Pen + Gear)
2. 4 different wooden stamps were used for the focal area. Sorry about the faded ink...keep forgetting to buy a new ink pad! sigh....
3. scrap cardstocks used...yea
4. embellishments and cording are old stash items too
It's wonderful to go treasure hunt shopping through your own stuff and coming up with a colorful festive birthday card!
other challenge blogs and Facebook groups where you will see the full photo linked or shared=
A. Shopping Our Stash challenge blog; has about 4 days left; "Full Metal Jacket" theme; (project #2 has the metal arrow paperclip)
B. The Four Seasons Challenge blog; March 2022= Anything Spring Goes; (project #1)
C. Seize the Birthday challenge blog; has about 4 days left; I'm doing the 'topping'; just anything goes birthday for project #2
D. Mixed Media Creativity group in FB; paint, using toilet paper roll for 'brush', felt stick-ons, alpha letters in addition to the 2 cardstocks (I'll be sharing my posting link)
E. Paper, Paper, Paper and Design Team Calls group in FB; (I'll be sharing my posting link)
F. The Seasonal Cardmaker group in FB; (both photos will be shared)
Crafting in the USA heartland,
Design team member of My Time To Craft and the sister challenge blog of My Time To Craft Christmas