Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog!!! Well, I can't believe I signed up for a finger painting event in a card making group but I did!!! It was one of 3 events for April and the last one for me to tackle. Literally, tackle. Extreme reluctance because I haven't done much painting of any kind for at least 6-7 years and then it was probably 25 years before that since the prior time. I have several relatives on each side of my family who are very talented in their painting, which might account for some of my resistance.
I used white cardstock for my paint surface and light sage green cardstock base, 3 acrylic paints, and 1 gold tempera paint, and a small section of waxed paper as my paint palette. Oh, and then a fine detail point black pen to add in some structural lines for the tulips as well as signing each one. A black stamp pad was used to ink the white cardstock edges. That's it. Just some messy dabbing, streaking, swirling kinds of motions using 4 fingers, not the thumb.
What do you think?
This was not my comfort zone but I'm just going to have to spend time dabbling if I want to build my confidence. There's also the fact of being my own worst critic. sigh....
Facebook groups or a few challenge blogs were I can link this post are:
1. For the Love of Cards (greeting style and ATCs only) club/group in FB; currently 14 members, I think, with a limit of 25. April 2022 event. Swap exchange.
2. Mixed Media Creativity group in FB; small private group started by me; if interested in joining, please let me know; currently I've been the only one to do the sharing but would love to have others who would like to share when they used more than paper/cardstock for a project....
3. Passionate Paper Creations and Friends group in FB; encourages usage of inks and markers for adding color;
4. Crafting Happiness Challenges blog; May 1st start date; AG
5. Mixed Media Lovers challenge blog; May 3rd start date; any mixed media project
6. Get Creative Challenges blog; May; use flowers; [my tulips ATC is the one to showcase]
Crafting in the USA heartland,
also owner of 2 challenge blogs:
Heart's Quest & its current extra page challenge of Valentine's Day Cards
FarmQuest & on May 14-27, FQCB will have an extra page challenge of Thanksgiving Holiday Cards