Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Monday, May 16, 2022

Pretty in Pink Encouragement Cards 3 and 4 of planned 4

  Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! Oh my! We have had cooler temps today, some rain, power outage including landline phone, and some needed rest! The power was out for about 1.5 hours and phone was out for about 3 hours. That was Sunday when I was trying to work on taking 1 sheet and creating 4 cards with it. CCMWF had a weekend challenge to use a 6"square patterned cardstock with 2 cut lines on angles so that the 4 sections can be used on 4 cards. 

In typical creative Becca fashion, I had to tweak this a bit. I have a paper pad I'm trying to bash this year however it is not sized at 6" square but more like 4.5"x 6.5". I still did the 2 angled cuts but didn't trim as much off as what the guidelines were given at CCMWF. I'm also not using a 6" square card base either. :)

Let's take a look at the 2 encouragement cards that I got finished today, Monday May 16. [There are 2 that were completed on Sunday afternoon.] The small focal cards are from "Promises From God --For Women" made by Christian Art Gifts. Patterned cardstock angled cuts are from Mint Berry paper pad by The Paper Studio. Embellishments are from my stash. Even the ribbon was Becca-ified. It was white and I 'tie-dyed' it by applying 4 different markers on it: 2 shades of pink/magenta, teal green, and gray. 



Layouts are almost the same. The shapes/angles of the floral patterned cardstock are different and the embellishments aren't quite the same. The largest pink cardstock is the base. More pinks were used for Cards 3 and 4. And I only used snippets of remaining ribbon from Cards 1 and 2. Vertical format instead of horizontal was another change today.  Thick foam adhesive tape under the Bible promise cards is causing some gray shadow from the scanning process. 




And aren't they pretty in pink?!! So sweet! 


LINK-ups=

A. Creations in Pink; started today May 15; 

link= http://creationsinpink.blogspot.com/2022/05/challenge-46-anything-goes-in-mainly.html

B. Crafting Happiness Challenges; midway point of the month/May; AG

link= https://craftinghappinesschallenges.blogspot.com/2022/05/may-mid-month-reminder-inspiration.html

C. Christian Card Makers for Women's Fellowship group in FB; weekend challenge

D. Mixed Media Creativity group in FB; 

E. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Papers Challenge; must use patterned paper or cardstock; [pink, white, and light green floral with dots cardstock]

link= http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com/2022/04/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-may.html

F. 100 Pattern Papers group in FB; the floral cardstock is from my paper pad I'm bashing in 2022...I've had it for about 4 years and I haven't even used 50% of it yet!!!

*****************************************

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


also owner of HQCB and FQCB challenge blogs


3 comments:

  1. What pretty cards Becca, and a great use of the wee cards to form focal points
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty patterned paper. combo Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.