Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Sunday, July 24, 2022

MTTC #486 Theme of Christmas in July for 15 July 2022

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart's a mix of excitement and perplexity. MTTC has a sister blog that focuses on Christmas themed cards yet many other non-holiday themed blogs do a special July focus on Christmas cards, so a DT member suggested we capture this opportunity to offer crafters another location to show Christmas cards. Since we haven't specified a particular wintery or holiday topic, that's what caused my perplexity. What to do? 

About 2 years ago I got this mostly nontraditional multi print holiday cardstock panel in a clearance box, I think. Because of its nontraditional Christmas colors, it has been in one of my Christmas/winter stash boxes for a long time with me continually thinking 'one of these days'. Card was an easy one to make since the patterned cardstock was very busy. I didn't want to cover it up. A glitter decorative tape strip was given a banner fishtail bottom and the only embellishments (jumbo dots) and the simple sentiment lettering were placed on this dark grape glitter tape.

Card #1= This is "Glad" tidings Christmas card=


Card #2= Let It Snow Christmas card with non-traditional backgrounds=


design notes and vendors: left folded white cardstocks base A2 size with matching envelope; die-cut sentiment is an upcycled gift tag; silver glitter and blue glitter foam snowflake and snowmen are Dollar Tree finds; a silver snowflake dazzle is over the circular design in the bottom center; the 2 print cardstock backgrounds are actually recycled/upcycled tissue box panels!!! YES!!! How resourceful is that??!!!??!?!

My Time To Craft blog Theme #486 competition runs from July 15, 2022 to July 28, 2022. 

link= http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2022/07/mttc-486-theme-is-christmas-in-july.html


***It's July 24th and I just discovered that this posting was still in draft mode and I forgot to publish!!! Duh!!! I will share this on my blog. The blue card was made my FB profile photo about a day or two ago, but even then I didn't realize I hadn't finished and published this!!! Crazy!!!


*************************************

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S

DT member of MTTC and its sister blog, MTTCChristmas

-and-

MIUCB and MLCCB (and soon to be appearing at Once Upon a Time which is brand new on August 1st and then at Ally's Angels on August 10th)

-and-

owner of 2 challenge blogs started earlier 2022--FarmQuest and Heart's Quest




No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.