Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Sunday, January 1, 2023

OUAT or Once Upon A Time's January 2023 Challenge is The Snowy Day children's book

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! On this personal paper-crafting blog post I am focusing on my DT inspiration card project for Once Upon A Time challenge blog. This blog launched in August 2022. The premise of this challenge blog is to create crafting projects inspired by a featured children's book. You can recreate the cover art with your own creative spin, take elements from the cover art, use inspiration from the content, etc. For January 2023, Deanne picked "The Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats as the special book for the competition. 

I've made my TSD cover art re-creation as a wintery get well card. I've added snowflakes. Used "Get Well Soon" as the sentiment title. Instead of the little boy wearing a hooded cape-style jacket, I've used a free clipart image colored in red, yellow, and green. Those colors are to replace the traffic light. (Ah! See what I did there!)

GET WELL SOON


*sorry about my cards lately being slightly tilted in the scanned photos; can't seem to get them positioned leveled

I am really pleased with how this turned out. I have an aunt by marriage who had surgery this past Monday, so I will be sending this to her. 

Some design/vendor note credits:

a. the boy clipart image = The Clipart Library website (free black and white image)

b. all cardstocks are from my stash (white cardstock is recycled/upcycled candy bar tray part of packaging), black marker, blue ink pad used to edge the white cardstock, colored pencils for the boy's suit, brown crayon for the face, and medium size white glitter snowflake stickers

c. the little silver and white snowflakes and the GWS sentiment are dazzles/stickers from Hot Off The Press (Paper Wishes website)

d. the purple cardstock base started as a 6" square but I trimmed it to 5" square

OUAT featured book photo for "The Snowy Day"=


OUAT blog link for January 2023 =

https://onceuponatimechallenges.blogspot.com/2023/01/january-challenge-6-snowy-day.html

______________________________________

*************************

Other challenge blogs to share/link this card/blog post =

A. Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges blog; until January 3rd early; Anything Goes

link= http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2022/12/pennys-challenge-536-final-challenge.html

B. The Crafter's Cafe Challenge blog; Dec. 15, 2022 start date with about 11 days left; Anything Goes

link= https://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2022/12/292-anything-goes.html

C. The Four Seasons Challenge blog; Jan 1st start date; anything Winter season; --my card is wintery, based on the book "The Snowy Day"

link= https://thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/01/january-2023-anything-goes-winter.html

D. 613 Avenue Create challenge blog; Jan 1st start date; anything goes and option of winter --my card is wintery, based on the book "The Snowy Day"

link= https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2023/01/202301-january-2023-anything-goes.html

*******************

Facebook groups to share/link this card/blog post =

1. The Seasonal Cardmaker group

2. Paper Crafting For Everyone group

3. The Crafty Addicts group

4. Paper, Paper, Paper and DT Calls group

5. Mixed Media Creativity group; recycled packaging cardstock for the snowy 'hills', 

********************************************************

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


*I'm a DT member of OUAT and these others: THICC, MIUCB, MLCCB, MTTCC, and MTTC.

*I'm co-owner and DT for AACB. 

*I'm owner and DT for TFATU, HQCB, and FQCB.



11 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Becca. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog. Your art is always a blessing to me and I thank you for sharing it.
    Blessings,
    karen, DT
    The Four Seasons Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca you have done a wonderful job re-creating the cover of the book. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of the inspiration book and cover Becca - well done!! I do love free clipart images:)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe's Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Becca! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.