Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, August 11, 2023

MTTC #514 Stenciling Theme DT project for 11 August 2023

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog!! My heart's so happy with the results of this heart-themed card! YEA! A several years old varied hearts stencil sheet has been traced onto kraft paper. And the cardstock print base is one I've been hoarding in my stash since about 2010!!!

WHAT: My Time To Craft challenge blog's #514 stenciling theme

WHEN: August 11-24, 2023

SHOW and TELL:


1. print cardstock base is a very old hoarded stash item since approx. 2010!!! I don't remember the vendor.

2. varied heart stencil sheet = Dollar Tree

3. stencil sheet laid on a kraft paper section; with about 6 marker colors applied and then outlined with black permanent marker; marker colors chosen that were similar to the printed cardstock's colors

4. text box sentiment was one of many different expressions typed on a Google document that was printed on kraft paper; I applied yellow colored pencil on top to offer contrast from the stenciled kraft paper underneath it; 


WHERE: My Time To Craft challenge blog #514 link=

https://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/08/mttc-514-theme-is-stenciling-and-starts.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

other challenge blogs to share/link are:

A. Stencil Fun Challenges; open for rest of August 2023; anything with stencil(s) and option of butterflies; MY card has a focal made with a varied hearts stencil sheet

link= https://stencilfun.blogspot.com/2023/08/august-stencil-fun.html

B. Path of Positivity Challenges; current; anything goes (not their option of "by the sea"); My card used stenciling; heart shapes; sentiment; etc.

link= http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.com/2023/08/ch-114-anything-goes-positive-with-opt.html

C. Happy Little Stampers; August Stencil Challenge/must use a stencil; MY card used a varied hearts stencil sheet

link= https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2023/08/hls-august-stencil-challenge.html

D. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge blog; current/started on the 8th; anything goes

link= http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/2023/08/211-hetty-clare-art.html

and

FB groups: Mixed Media Creativity; PPPDTC; COTM-Just For Fun; and others if I have time 

_____________________________________

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


**Note: in July and August, I've been in the process of reducing my DT commitments from 12 down to 8 since I'll be returning to teaching. I'm retaining those that I own, co-own, or manage. These are: MTTC, MTTCC, AACB, CBCB, TFATU, HQCB, FQCB, and FQGS.


10 comments:

  1. A wonderful use of the stencil Becca, and you have made an eye catching card with the varied shapes and colours
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun stenciling! Great colors and background paper...So, you don't remember the vendor of the paper from 13 years ago? hahaha That made me chuckle! Thanks for sharing this heart-filled card with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrina: I know! I amuse myself at times, too! And the fact that the cardstock has survived a house move 7 summers ago is even more surprising; no molding either! Thanks for the blog visit!

      Delete
  3. I love how you've played with the stencil and the colours. A fabulous card. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very colorful & creative card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that you've taken time to visit, Darlene!!!

      Delete
  5. What a fun card! Love the different hearts and all the colors. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.