Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, March 10, 2018

HIMCR 343 super scraps theme

Farmer's market kind of rustic look for this sympathy comfort card:




The apple, blossoms branch, and Ecclesiastes quote sentiment are from the prize sponsor this week, Gracielli Designs:


And the blog that this comfort card was made to be part of the design team inspiration is Hiding In My Craft Room:


And the link for this new challenge week blog post so you can read all the guidelines for participating and also see what the other design team members prepared:

Besides the image and wanting to create a card for my grieving aunt, my crafting motivation was sparked by this sketch layout suggestion:


I moved some of the parts around but I still think you can see some similarities. And this was a great sketch for a scraps challenge that we have each month at HIMCR. The pattern cardstock for the banner is from a leftover section of a 6"x6" that I started and used another portion for an anniversary card last month. Even the background barn wood designer paper is part of a sheet that I had already used a small amount from previously (The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby). 






The dimensions were 5" deep and 8" wide. The inside panel was kept very simple with a stamping of hugs and kisses xoxo onto paper cut with the same stencil as papers on the front (Folk Art Decorative Icons stencil set from Plaid). The apple was colored with colored pencils. I put some white on the light highlight spot and used pink, red, and red-orange to get the realistic look on that brilliant image and the leaves likewise have 3 variation of green tones to give visual depth. Some of the papers were inked to help give that weathered distress look. For me it just looks like a display area from a rural farmer's market stand.

Thanks Gracielli Designs for letting the design team select their own products to highlight for this week's challenge!

Crafting in the USA Midwest, Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.