Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, March 15, 2018

PPCCB 371 anything goes theme for March 14

Happy Easter...for my mom


My mom loves the color blue, so I wanted to make sure there were plenty of blues with accents of pinks, oranges, greens, and browns that are repeated in the image and the stick-ons. I LOVE how this card turned out!


Freda's Flower Basket is the image from Imagine That (prize sponsor for challenge that I'm highlighting for the design team). There are an additional 4 images from this company used by 'my' half of the team, so make sure to visit the blog post to be razzled and dazzled!





The other prize sponsor is Cute As a Button. Half of the team will have images to use for their inspiration creations.


The links for the sponsors, prize details and how to participate, and other important info can be found at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges blog (PPCC or PPCCB):

https://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2018/03/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-371.html

Besides the Freda's Flower Basket image to inspire me in making this Easter card, I had a sketch layout from Elle's Studio featured in January 2018 that I modified and rotated around:



Compare sketch to how I altered it for a 5.5" x 8.5" vertical card with an Easter theme:

So instead of 3 large rings I've used a flower stencil and then bordered it on one side with dots and the other side with dashes or stitch lines. That was repeated in 2 other partial sections to help fill the layout in a playful way.

The blue on blue check cardstock and egg tag are RECYCLED packaging!






I chose to repeat the butterflies to the inside because they symbolize the resurrection as renewed life or new creation due to their transformation from caterpillar to butterfly.

And this next photo shows how this card began (or its caterpillar phase):


 "Let not your hearts be troubled...." is how John chapter 14 begins. The passage of verses 1-6 is my favorite and I just love using verse 6 for Easter cards.

My prayer is that in order for your soul (spirit's heart) to not be distressed, you must believe in the gift of God's Son and the sacrifice He made on the cross for your sins. After confessing your sins, the Holy Spirit will offer peace and the Easter resurrection of Jesus gives future hope of eternal life.

Crafting in the U.S.A Midwest, Becca

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful layers! Easter is my absolute favorite and this really gets me in the mood! I know your mom will love it. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn! Easter's my favorite Christian holiday, too. I appreciate you taking time to look at my blog post.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card and verse inside !
    Wish you a happy Easter. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stuthi! Crafting is my stress therapy! And I love making works of heart for family and friends! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.