Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

HIMCR 344 tic tac toe challenge and PCC blog card sketch 284

Hoppy Easter

technically version 2 for the HIMCR challenge 344 using animals, flowers, glitter, and stripes (used a postage stamp corner like for bingo and the glitter is not only in the flower stick-ons but also used as glitter crayons for the 2 digital images from The Cutting Café, sponsor at HIMCR)


getting started, but by the time I finished I didn't use the mesh-style gems or the purple flower center...editing works most of the time!


another case of editing/moving things around; from when I photographed this and as I decided how to use the images, I needed to move the flower stack to the other side of the card

 HIMCR's badge and link for post: http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2018/03/himcr-344-tic-tac-toe.html


HIMCR's sponsor for #344 challenge is The Cutting Café, I've used the egg and bunny pair with the Easter Wishes sentiment for the front panel and I will use the stacked "Hoppy Easter" for the inside.





I was also inspired for this spring and Easter 2018 card creation with using Paper Craft Crew's 284 card sketch:
(link for their post: http://papercraftcrew.com/pcc284-sketch-challenge/ )

I've reversed placement for the flowers and the tag/bookmarks and changed the ratios for the background papers. I also used cording instead of leafy branches for this card version.

And if you have been reading the fine print, the card shown at the top of the post was the 2nd one made for the HIMCR #344 challenge. For the first one, I needed to edit a lot, I think, after I made it. It has a lot going on. I tried to use the above sketch and combine it with another one that was posted this week for a Facebook group called 100 Pattern Papers (shown below). And I also was using the color palette from CTD #484 (Color Throw Down) of green, violet, and white:




In version 1 from the HIMCR tic-tac-toe challenge (use the link to see the grid choices and get more details and rules for participating), I used ribbon, glitter, and blending (washable markers used on edge of butterflies). In my mind's eye, the card is okay, it's just very busy with proportions being off and too many elements.

When I snapped the photo of the base and backgrounds for the version 1, I was so excited about the potential:


(link for CTD 484: http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2018/03/color-throwdown-484.html )

Note on technique: I cut a slit in the fold about midway on the left fold to hold the ribbons.

Maybe between today/Saturday and Monday I will try again with this color combo and one of the sketches. I still have some butterfly designer paper left (The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby).

I've got more photos that I've sent from my cell phone but having a data usage problem I think since it is a cheap pay-as-you-go type and only had 3 pics come through and others waiting in queue...ugh. So I will either add those in a day or two or create a 2nd/part two post on a future day. Until then, Becca

2 comments:

  1. very pretty - I just love the pastels spring.

    maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.