Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Copy Cat Kit for April 2020 in mini size with 3 projects for CKC Blog

Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart has desired to do some scrapbooking but it's been several months since I've even achieved one layout! Yikes! So a couple of days ago I grabbed some old scraps and bits leftover from different projects this past year and quickly put together a mini kit.

But honestly I forget to include some of the embellishments I had set aside to my left side when I was working! Another yikes! Then it seemed like I needed a few other bits to finish 2 sides of a pocket page and a quick-n-easy card.

But first of all, here are 2 snapshots of my mini kit for April 2020 @ CKC blog=


Above: the scraps of different sizes I pulled focusing on a few shades of coral, pinks, a few reds, mint greens, spring/yellow greens, grass green, and some minty/teal blues.

Below: a quick card--flat style--with base and matching envelope from Darice; a journal/pocket card from a cut apart sheet from My Mind's Eye, a bit of border sticker, and 1 butterfly stick-on. A handwritten short note on the back and I was able to get it made and ready to mail in under a half hour! (closer to 15 minutes actually!)


Below: the scraps without the photos and some embellishments that were laying on top; I think for pulling stuff quickly out of various folders to create a mini kit of scraps, I managed to get a lot of the tones matched! Yea!



The monthly inspiration kit selected to counterfeit at CKC blog:



Below: this is a custom color palette to help isolate the key hues from Orchard Path Kits March 2020 picked to be the inspiration for scrappers to copy=



CKC blog badge:
April 2, 2020 "Just the Gist" post link=
https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-just-gist-of-it.html



Some views of each side of the pocket page I made. I kept it simple so that attention would be on the photos and the stacked die-cut style stick-on embellishments.


Some of the vendors of papers include: The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby, SEI, My Mind's Eye, Astrobrights solid color cardstocks, and a few old, old stash ones that I've forgotten who they belong to.

Golf cart pic and the birds nest treats were taken Easter weekend 2018.



**********************************
The pocket pages were used for a DT project that I featured in a blog post yesterday for Scrapping 4 fun Challenges blog. Only the "Bird's nest treats" side is part of the S4fC blog post. For my personal post yesterday there are closeup typed cropped scans of both sides included. So either visit S4fC blog or use the 'older post' link at the end of this to see more and get specific details about this link-up.

CKC blog got a 'shout-out' and I used the same link for the April 2 "Just the Gist" post as I've included up above.

This posting will also be shared at PPPDTC group on Facebook and also Mixed Media Creativity group on FB.

*******************
Crafting in the USA heartland,
Becca S
DT member for the following blogs:
1. S4fC
2. TCCC
3. MTTC
4. APTS
5. 52 CCT

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.