Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! Last night I made another Valentine's/love card featuring one of the designs from the Mint Berry paper pad collection I'm trying to bash in 2022. I love this charcoal gray background floral patterned paper from the MB pad (The Paper Studio, 2016).
I decided to add two accent strips/bands across this featured patterned paper in the design gap areas between the floral clusters. I'm not thrilled that some of my stamped hearts smeared! They needed to have more drying time before I started using it...sigh. Outlining each stamped heart with a rollerball ink pen helped salvage that just a bit but not completely.
Multi Hearts Valentine card=
More design notes:
1. Mint Berry paper pad collection, 2016, The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby; full collection had 80 sheets with 20 designs; sheets sized at 4.25 or 4.5" x 6.25"
2. mint green cardstock scrap and mid-gray cardstock section (Art Skills/Crafter's Choice)
3. light gray cardstock base (top-folded with 4.25" x 5.5" dimensions or 1/2 full sheet) from Pen + Gear
4. 4-heart cluster stamp is from a multi-set sheet of clear stamp designs from Sum More Fun
5. red ink pad, black rollerball pen, ribbon, & glitter heart stickers are from my supplies
6. kraft beige paper is just to provide a background to block out the scanner light
c. Mixed Media Creativity group on Facebook; private sharing group; stamping technique, inked edges, outlining, glitter foam stickers, and ribbon in addition to patterned cardstock and solid color cardstocks
d. Paper, Paper, Paper and Design Team Calls group on Facebook; sharing group;
e. 100 Pattern Paper group on Facebook; premise/purpose of the group is for crafters to pick 100 patterned papers from your stash (unless you are on Day 1 newbie, we all have our hoarded supplies stored somewhere!!) at the beginning of the year, or whenever you decide to try this, that you purpose to use for the year. Tina, group administrator, has suggested a weekly goal of 2 full sheets (12" square or 8.5" x 11"). I've decided to just focus on this Mint Berry paper pad. It originally had 80 sheets and as of last week when I started this challenge I had 63 plus 3 scraps. Since I'm making cards and using small sections, I technically have only used 2 full sheets this week (63 -- 2 = 61)
Crafting in the USA heartland,
other revealed cards made this week using Mint Berry paper pad designs=