Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Card-making: using a new gadget

New gadget bought on clearance!

traditional "greeting" card

First of all about the new gadget: a few weeks ago while in JoAnn Fabrics I checked a clearance section trying to focus on paper crafting items. And behold, Fiskars tab punch was on clearance for $1.97!!! Yes! For that price I couldn't pass it up. I've used some tabs in the past that have come as embellishments within a kit or pack but rarely die-cutting or creating my own.

 So the recipients of the card are friends I haven't seen or heard from in awhile and I thought a simple "hello" kind of thinking-of-you card would be perfect to add some tabs.

I inked edges of my papers to add definition. I stamped ink onto 1 tab to distinguish it from the other. I made the top flower shape smaller and with different petal shapes to add distinction between the layers. Here's the greeting card:

 front of card (above); scanning on the printer faded out the lavendar in certain areas--sorry.

inside completion of card; very simple= stamped a round purple ink pad onto the cardstock and then stamped the white inked "hello" scalloped circle on top; then I lightly traced over the letters in pencil so they would be readable.

supplies/vendors:
1. The New King James New Testament (paperback)= Broadman & Holman Publishers
2. "hello" scalloped circle stamp, white ink pad, brad= Studio G
3. tab punch= Fiskars
4. lavendar card stock= Colorbok

2 comments:

  1. Becca, you have certainly been busy since I checked in last! Lots of nice cards. It looks like you're enjoying your new toy, too.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. It's been challenging to keep up with it since I've been gone so much. This year has just been CRAZY!!!! Anyway, I'm glad someone has been enjoying my posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl: I appreciate that you took time to check in! Happy Crafting! Enjoy!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.