Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, January 19, 2019

CKC blog LIRNH kit LO five with forgery 2 and CKC mood board combined

Layout #5 for 4th anniversary date combines forgery 2 and mood board elements


Personal challenge from late December 2018 up to our 23rd anniversary on January 27, 2019 is to have 23 dates within a 23-mile radius of our home...well, almost 23 give or take 10-15 miles extra!! Challenges within the challenge have been weather and husband's health needs, so as I type this blog we've managed to get 13 dates completed up to yesterday, January 18th. We are going to have to have more 'dates' each day if we are going to get this done in 8 days!

Documenting this journey, today's blog post is the 4th date from January 5th:



Part of the Counterfeit challenges is to create forgeries (Forgeries on the Fourth). My second forgery for this month and my LIRNH kit is to make woodgrain paper using decorative tape and then it was cut into a heart shape which is a repeating element for our anniversary date documented album.

Another part of the Counterfeit challenge each month are "challenges 1 and 2" which change each and every time based on what the Master Forger assigned to each month has planned. Challenge 1 is about ringing in the new year--to do something new. I do have a new sticker in the bottom left section that I applied over a pink foam heart sticker. However I want to focus on 2 aspects of Challenge 2 from the mood board: the collage of book pages that has yellow, ivory, and brown tones and the stack of books image. Every section has stacking and/or layering with some staggered and some that are visual, like the cardstock border strips from 3 My Mind's Eye papers used for the "Date 4".


Above: the bottom left section's colors, layering, and placement turned out very nice for this pocket's layout design!!!


Above: bottom right section close-up (this isn't my favorite section but I'd been wanted to include a chipboard balloon since I've been using some hot air print balloon paper as a design element instead of the bicycles that are seen in the "Hannah" kit.) I like the repeating colors and papers but not how I placed the pieces...something's just off...but I really love the other sections

Below: like the "Date 4" section with its "stacked book" kind of look from the mood board using more patterned papers from the border edges of 3 double-sided My Mind's Eye papers put in my January LIRNH kit!!! Too cute!!!




Above: the Felicity Jane's "Hannah" kit revealed in October 2018 that is the inspiration for making copy-cat versions out of our own craft supplies "stockpiles". In this layout, the prominent elements that show up from "Hannah" are the woodgrain, scallop/fish scale, and hearts.

Below: the CKC blog ID badge that appears on each blog post. The link for the current post about the mood board challenge can be found here: https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/january-2019-challenge-2-mood-board.html



Go back to the January 4th post to find out about "Forgeries on the Fourth". Each month a few of the Master Forgers lead the way on re-creating something from the inspiration kit that they don't have in their supplies or what was pulled for their copy-cat kit. I didn't have a color spot paper pulled for my LIRNH kit so that was my forgery #1 featured in a previous blog post. Today's feature is forgery #2 the woodgrain heart shown below in the making:



The CKC mood board for this month's 2nd challenge:



love the overall look of this mixed format pocket page and the layouts with the layout of the page!!!

Keep checking back for more time together chronicled using the Love Is Reaching New Heights (LIRNH) kits that I put together from my craft supplies for January 2019 with motivation from the CKC blog and Facebook community group!--Becca S

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful page and incorporating so many challenges too - well done Becca
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Becca! Love the forgeries and I'm enjoying your "datiing journey"
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, appreciate the encouragement! We've got 19 of 23 completed and only 2 days left!!!!! I've only got the first five dates scrapbooked, so I need to get crafting!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.