Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart is very happy to be serving as hostess for the merry month of June 2020 at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge blog. We have a monthly rotation of challenge prompts and Week 2 of each month is a color(s) challenge picked by the hostess from the design team. I decided to go with my 2 favorites with a metallic added so there are 3 colors that need to be included. We're okay with white and black (especially for sentiments) to be used. Otherwise stick closely to my picked trio: pink, purple, and gold!!!
This color trio is very non-traditional but how refreshing it is to creatively look through what you have and see what you can do. I could have done something like picked a white doily and added pink and/or purple and/or gold to it but I did have some white and gold pine tree stickers that I colored with 2 shades of purple/violet to add a bit of lavender hue to add some distinction from the patterned paper they are mounted on. See for yourself.
Celebrating with Contemporary Flair: for #22-20 at 52 CCT blog
Isn't this a modern vibe for a Christmas card?!!?!
1. the base 5" x 7" folded card is made with a gold "Honeycomb" cardstock available from Astrobrights/Neenah
2. the white with pink patterned paper and the white w/ gold Christmas pine tree stickers are from The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby
3. the gold glitter decorative tape = not sure; the roll has been in my craft stash for a long time; same for the 3 gem dots (bright pink, a magenta pinkish-purple, and a dark purple) that are from a multi-hue set of gems
4. the mauve pink and white patterned cardstock is part of a scrap section left of a 12" square from a collection by My Mind's Eye
5. the lavender foam snowflake stick-on is from Oriental Trading (bulk package of 5 different colors that I purchased maybe 10 years ago!!!)
All of these combined for a card with lots more of gold and pink and less purple/lavender with visual vitality! Refreshing change from reds and greens or lots of wintry blues!!
Link to 52 CCT 22-20= https://52cct.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-colours-challenge.html
Color prompt badge for 52 CCT 22-20
I used my selected Week 1 sketch seen last week again for this card. I thought I'd see how different I could visually change but still stay very close to the sketch design. What do you think?
Above is the original inspiration sketch that I submitted to the blog's owner of 52 CCT, so I want to make sure that Laurel Seabrook get credit for her brilliant layout!
The 2 patterned papers I used were pulled from my craft stash in mid-May to be part of a kit that I used to submit layouts and/or cards for these 2 challenge blogs:
CKC (Counterfeit Kit Challenge) and TGSB (The Great Stash Bash).
Link for CKC blog's current challenge: https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-2020-challenge-1.html
Link for TGSB; there are 2 owners and you can access the challenge from both of their main blog's home page:
1. Lisa H; My Creative Endeavors = currently they're focusing on the new June kit; but I can still link as a May use of my kit; link= https://createdbylisa.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-edition-of-lisa-loris-great-stash.html
2. Lori S; My Happy Life = link= https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-great-stash-bash-june-2020-kit.html
a few more challenge blogs and FB groups where I'll link or share this card or post:
1. Mixed Media Creativity group in Facebook
2. Paper, Paper, Paper & Design Team Calls group in Facebook
3. Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog; June challenge of anything Christmas goes; link=
Crafting in the USA heartland,
Design Team member for these 5:
a. TCCC--about 2 weeks left on this team
b. S4fC--about 1 week left on this team
e. 52 CCT