Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, June 12, 2020

MTTC blog no 434 Summertime Theme challenge DT card

Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart's been overflowing with artsy-crafty happiness this month and especially with this project that was made from start to finish in 1 hour!!! Yes! From folding the sheet of bold yellow cardstock to make the base (5" x 7") and trimming a bit off 2 sides of the dotted paper (4.5" x 6.5") to be the background (my pseudo speckled sand!!!) Continue reading to see how I made my DT project for My Time To Craft blog's #434 Summertime theme challenge:

I utilized my June scrapping kit for about half of the items (dotted paper, 2 washi tapes, some of the glittery flowers, and gem dots). The rest were close by so I didn't have to go hunting or anything. The pineapple in the lower left corner started as a pale wood die-cut. I took a brown colored pencil to make some cross-hatch type lines to give some visual textural look and also added a few to the leaves. The leaves did have a few cut lines but I decided to add a few more. Glitter paint pens in Christmas green and Golden yellow help to continue the glitter and shine. The thin script lettering stickers (from Webster Pages) were sage green and a light mauve pink but didn't seem to offer enough contrast. So more glitter paint to the rescue!!! Christmas red is actually over the mauve pink but to me it looks about the same as the bright pinks.

And the scanner doesn't give due justice to the colors of the glitter flowers!!! Above the wooden pineapple, the largest flower closest to the leaves is actually orange!!! On top of it is a pink flower, not lavender!! And the large one next to that is actually a yellow-orange!!! And then next to the pineapple pop-up style stick-on is a little orange glitter flower next to the sage/moss green one....

Summer Wishes



link to #434= http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/05/challenge-434-summertime.html


Several recent projects have had one washi tape placed on top of a 2nd patterned one and I repeated that technique here. Why take up more 'real estate' than I have to???!!!? This way, I use more elements from my June scrapping kit (i.e. more of my gigantic stash!) and I get more color and patterns on the card front! Win-Win!!! Oh! more summer tropical accents, too!!!





Oh!, how I love this cheery vibrant card!!! This might be a 'just because' kind thinking of you card. Everyone deserves some happy mail once in awhile!

Too cute! Pineapples have been a trendy motif for a couple of years now. FACS teachers love using the pineapple as a shape motif symbol for decorating their classrooms because it's been the symbol for hospitality since sailing ships' captains from Europe discovered the Caribbean and other tropical islands and brought the highly prized prickly yet deliciously sweet fruit back to their homes. Many of the first captains actually skewered them to their front gate to tell their home townspeople that the captain was home. And then I imagine there must have been a captain who didn't have a gate around his house so his fruit must have gone on the door! European royalty and their wealthy lords and ladies began prizing them because they were proof to their visitors that they were sharing their wealth with them at the dinner table.

********************************

The June scrapping kit was made for CKC blog's prompt/theme to copy-cat their inspirational selected kit (June's is "Wonderful World" from CLIQUE Kits).

Link= https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-2020-counterfeit-kit-challenge-kit.html

This link is for their June 1st reveal and blog hop. There were posts on June 4th & 6th & challenge 1 on the 12th. There will be another challenge, a showcase for a follower, and a feature called "Killing It"  that gives ideas for how to use all the remaining bits and pieces from your kit during the last half of June.

CKC has a community group in Facebook and I'll share this card there, too.

Here's 1 photo of the inspirational kit and 2 pics of my June kit:




Above: the dark green washi tape can be seen and the white with teal 'blobs' micro-thin one might be on the edge of the photo. I had lots of embellishments this time!!!

Below: the dotted patterned paper is seen underneath a scrap piece of creamy yellow and white chevron patterned cardstock


**************************
A few more places where this darling card's photo or this blog post will be shared=

a. The Paper Funday Challenges blog; June anything goes w/ optional twist of masculine; mine is sort of gender neutral but will just submit as an anything goes creation
link= http://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-2020-challenge-18-anything-goes.html

b. Mixed Media Creativity group in Facebook

c. Paper, Paper, Paper & Design Team Calls group in Facebook

*********************************

Crafting in the USA heartland,
Becca S

DT member of the following 5 teams with 2 marked * because I'll be stepping down from them in the next 1-2 weeks or so. Life's just been cray-cray and juggling all their deadlines has just gotten stressful. I've loved my time but I need a bit of creative and computer-time break.

1. MTTC blog
2. APTS blog
3. 52 CCT blog
4. S4fC blog *
5. TCCC blog *



6 comments:

  1. Love this vibrant and cheerful card Becca - the eye follows the flower trail to the cheerful sentiment :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and Bright! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna: I appreciate you taking time to acknowledge my participation to TPFC!!!

      Delete
  3. Great make hun, so bright & summery. I do love your pineapple!

    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.