Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart gets excited to make Christmas cards, however I have to confess that I didn't send enough out this year. A few long-distance friends got our 25th anniversary photo collage card instead of a hand-made Christmas one. So I need to carve out some time periodically to start addressing envelopes and have an official tracking list for 8 months from now. This post shows an overlarge creation. I haven't framed it yet...maybe...not sure. But due to its size, I will hand-deliver it whether framed or not.
This oversized bells theme is for My Time To Craft Christmas challenge blog #32. The challenge competition runs from April 15-28, 2022. For bells, it can be sleigh bells, jingle bells, handbell/choir, etc.
MTTCC's #32 posting link=
other challenge blogs and Facebook groups where this will be shared/linked=
A. Shopping Our Stash challenge blog; sketch challenge; [CARD #3's layout applies; ovals instead of circles in the center and horizontal strip is under the largest oval instead of on top it.]
B. The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge blog; started April 1st and has about 2 days left for linking; Anything Christmas Goes [card #2 will be linked]
C. The 12 Months of Christmas Linkup challenge blog; April 2022; Anything Christmas Goes; the option is gift box; the stocking in Card #2 does have gifts spilling out of the top of the stocking but aren't in boxes so I'll just have this as ACG...
D. Mixed Media Creativity group on FB;
E. Paper, Paper, Paper & DT Calls group on FB;
F. The Seasonal Cardmaker group in FB; probably just show the 2 small cards;
Card #2 Love and Joy Come To You =
a few design notes:
1. white scalloped flat base card with envelope are from set from The Paper Studio (part of a Christmas gift 2020 from my sister's family)
2. berry print cardstock and berry branch die-cut = Pink Paislee's Together for Christmas collection
3. the red with white dots print cardstock = The Paper Studio's Mint Berry paper pad 2016
4. sticker, gems, red ink stamp pad and washi tape = stash
Card #3 'Tis the Season To Be Jolly=
Note: same supplies used as card #2 with the addition of twine for the bow
Didn't cards #2 & #3 turn out really well?!?!! A bit of elegance and rustic mixed. Traditional colors. Gold in the decorative tape along with the scalloped base to me are the elegant touches. I'm just thrilled how well these came together.
Crafting in the USA heartland,
Design team member of :
1. My Time To Craft Christmas challenge blog
2. My Time To Craft challenge blog
1. Becca's Heart of Creativity blog
2. Heart's Quest Challenge Blog (started February 28, 2022)
3. FarmQuest Challenge Blog (started March 28, 2022)