Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! The 2 featured cards I've made are showing butterflies, my favorite insects! I've heard the quote many times calling butterflies as fluttering flowers or flying flowers! The complexity of color and design in their wings and how graceful they look has always fascinated me. So when as a DT member I learned about this theme, I knew I had many to choose from out of my stash.
My Time To Craft challenge blog #479 theme is Springtime Insects.
Released on April 8, 2022 at 12am CST/6am UK and will be open for participants until April 21, 2022 at 12am CST/6am UK.
Card #1= Pink and Black It's a Beautiful Life Birthday card
Card #1 design notes:
1. base is black, top-folded, 4.25" wide x 5.5" high, Pen + Gear
2. pink background panel, Astrobrights/Neenah
3. pink and white stripe panel, pink with white Xs, and the white with pink scallops, Mint Berry paper pad from The Paper Studio (this is my 2022 selected papers to bash this year; read earlier posts made in late January and early February about this)
4. the pink tonal floral strip and the featured sentiment journal card that was trimmed down are from My Mind's Eye, a collection I bought several years ago
5. embellishments: pale pink crystal gem, message stamp, black ink pad, and the corrugated backed butterfly are all stash items; I took off the corrugated butterfly layer and stamped it black in order to disguise the kraft color since this card also fits for a Pink and Black card swap challenge that only allowed white as an additional neutral
Card #2: Hello and Happy Birthday card=
Isn't this lovely! I'm glad I kept the color combination simplified. When I started assembling items to make this, I thought I wanted the base to be a pale peach/blush pink or to go to a bold orange but the chocolate brown won the dilemma!
Design notes for Card #2=
1. brown cardstock base is about 6" wide and 4.25" high;
2. the pale green and white floral cardstock; Mint Berry pack from The Paper Studio
3. the olive green and crinkled copper/bronze specialty paper are scraps; cut as 2" squares
4. the white hello is a 'dazzle' from Paper Wishes website
5. the butterflies, amber heart crystal gems, sentiment stamp, black ink pad; stash items
6. an aqua/teal blue marker was used to add outline contrast to the thin font lines of the stamp used to make 'happy birthday'
other challenge blogs and FB groups for Card #1
A. Creative Moments challenge blog; theme= for a special lady; all 3 projects are/have been sent to women; the pink and black was for a card club swap with all women members....
B. Seize the Birthday challenge blog; Card 1 has some stripes in the pink and white diagonal background cardstock, so it qualifies for the topping option
C. Mixed Media Creativity group in FB;
D. 100 Pattern Papers Challenge group in FB; cardstocks from the Mint Berry pack from The Paper Studio were used for this card
E. Card Crafting Club [has closed since I started this draft; 2 moderators started "For the Love of Cards" private group] in FB; Pink and Black card swap was a Feb 2022 event; another pink and black card was made for the swap; this 2nd one shown above was made at the same time but not revealed until this MTTC challenge
other challenge blogs and FB groups for Card #2
a. The Four Seasons Challenge blog; April 2022 is open to the 25th; anything spring season; Card 2 has the butterflies and the pretty sage green and white field of wildflowers patterned cardstock
b. The Crafter's Cafe Challenges blog; current March 15 monthly challenge is still open; theme=use some flowers; Card 2 has the pretty sage green and white floral/field of wildflowers patterned cardstock
c. Mixed Media Creativity group in FB
d. 100 Pattern Papers Challenge group in FB; 1 cardstock from the Mint Berry pack from The Paper Studio was used for this card; I was able to use all but about a 1/2" side strip of a full sheet that this paper pad stack with horizontal print layouts have...the remaining sheets and scraps are my 2022 goal to bash this year!
e. Paper, Paper, Paper and DT Calls group in FB
f. Passionate Paper Creations and Friends group in FB; sharing site
A few design notes about the ATC/artist trading card:
1. typical ATC size of 2.5" x 3.5"; thick kraft cardstock for base
2. the white with spring green Moroccan tile patterned paper is very old Colorbok bold print photo mat paper pad
3. the green and gold chevron stripe 'tag'--what's shown is only about half; the flower and bee are stash item embellishments; I just got a bunch of tag sets and I've already forgotten who the vendor is on this...sorry
The ATC will be shared in 2 FB groups:
a. For the Love of Cards group; private greeting card and ATC making group; this is not for an April event but will share the ATC photo to the group
b. Homemade Card Making for Beginners group in FB; sharing site
Crafting in the USA heartland,
Design team members:
My Time To Craft challenge blog
My Time To Craft Christmas challenge blog
Personal paper-crafting blog: Becca's Heart for Creativity
Owner of 2 challenge blogs:
Heart's Quest Challenge Blog; Color #2 challenge is open to the wee hours of April 13th
FarmQuest Challenge Blog; Theme #1 challenge is open to the wee hours of April 13th, too