Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Inspired by challenge of winter coziness card #2

Warm and cozy wishes '18


This is card #2 for this challenge before the deadline in the next 24 hours or so.



Winter coziness to be Inspired By:


Laurel's blog for this challenge series can be found here:


and this is her "Inspired by" photo for crafters to interpret creatively:


So how did I get inspired by this?

I started by pulling these papers and embellishments:


Notes on creating:
a. I only used half of each doily because of the size (about 5.5" square) of the black cardstock base
b. the denim paper becomes the main base paper and the other 3 are used in small amounts--big blue and white stripe is for a larger t-shirt jersey and the plaid is for a smaller t-shirt jersey
c. I only use one of the blanket image sentiment
d. From the Christmas winter stickers page, I decided to only use some red based snowflake stickers
e. Then not shown except in the final photo up at the top of the blog post, was a small red glitter heart. I felt it was the perfect little touch for that area of the card.

Notes on challenge's theme:
a. winter coziness becomes = warm and cozy wishes
b. navy blue and white is a color combo found on the larger t-shirt's pattern paper and a small piece used behind the sentiment
c. snowflakes are part of winter
d. doilies = makes me think of cozy comfort
e. plaid = makes me think of cozy comfort, too and
f. t-shirt jerseys = reminds me of sports and relaxation...comfortable to wear

And that's it! Maybe you will be inspired by either the blog challenge or my interpretation of the challenge photo and theme. 

Crafting in the heartland,
BeccaS





2 comments:

  1. Another fun card! Love your use of the shirts. Thank you for playing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed the challenge and shopping my small stash to figure how I could interpret the photo image in different ways.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.