Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, January 4, 2018

CTD 474 neutral trio card 2

Gray. Ivory. Black. First week of the new year and Color Throwdown blog has presented the challenge to use a trio of neutrals. Go to the blog post for #474 to get the details and also see the large design team's inspirations (which are amazing).


Here is their inspiration photo and palette badge plus a website link:

http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2018/01/color-throwdown-474.html



Isn't that lovely? I wish I had a designer paper like that with the pretty birds. But alas I don't.

For this 2nd card for this challenge, I've used a tribal designer paper and a tonal leopard print designer paper that are from The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby.


gray, ivory beige, and ivory are the solid colored cardstock used on front panel
gray and yellow markers used to color fill "HB", candle, and 1 wish
white cardstock base, papers, and yellow star have had edges inked in black


Inside panel's sentiment was part of a page full found online and printed on white copy paper. I laid it over a numbers stencil to get an embossed texture to add interest when using yellow, brown, and black colored pencils to cover up the white. A black triangle of scrap and the leopard designer paper complete the inside.


Before getting this card ready for mailing, I did the lettering to personalize this card for my cousin with a late January birthday. He's going to be very surprised to get happy mail. He taught in Ecuador for many years and met his wife there, so I thought these adventurous designer papers would appeal to him.

Like card 1 for this CTD #474, I've used a bit of yellow and beige-y browns. I wish I had more ivory and gray, but right now, my small stash is limited. This has been a true challenge for me just after Christmas. My crafting creativity brain and fingers have been making either red and green or blues and silver combinations but I've been thrown into challenges this week for using pink (which also happens to be my 2nd favorite color) and the neutrals. Oh! But who doesn't like a good problem or puzzle to solve?

Still freezing in the Midwest, Becca




2 comments:

  1. Very nice project thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that you took time to see what I've been working on.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.