Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Thinking of you card focal using paint

New paper-crafting technique for me to incorporate into my repertoire--Paints and Mists

100 pattern papers, a closed group on Facebook, has a January challenge to use paints and mists somehow on your crafting



Dimensions: folded at top; 4.5" x 5.5"
Base: white cardstock (Georgia-Pacific)
Background base: green cardstock (Colorbok)
Designer pattern paper base: pale green striped paper (The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby)
Focals: white cardstock painted in pouncing and swirling of blue, green, and yellow for the tulip and blue for butterflies; and more of the blue/green/yellow for leafy branch
Stencil for tulip and leafy branch (shown on inside): Folk-Art Decorative Icon Stencil Set (Plaid)
Scrapbooking tab sticker and heart (shown on inside) and the glitter "love" sticker (with added teal blue marker coloring) bought at Dollar Tree
Inside panel base accent:  teal blue cardstock (Colorbok)


inside panel



close up of the front panel to show the difference in blues for where on the painted cardstock I traced the butterflies and then to show the variations in blue/green/yellow hues for the tulip



Thanks to Dollar Tree for providing basic crafting supplies at the super great purchase prices!!! The set of 3 bottles (one is aerosol mist style and 2 are squeeze style) were bought for $1. I got a 4 paint set with red, blue, green, and yellow for $1.

In the aerosol bottle I added red and most of the blue. However, blue was added first so that's what misted/squirted out. As I keep using it I'm hoping to get more mixed results for purple.

In the middle bottle shown in the photo, I put some blue, green, and some yellow.

In the last bottle on right in the photo, I put green and most of the yellow in order to get more of the "spring green" tones.

I'm glad I took this plunge. I've periodically used some spatter painting and I've done household painting for walls, shelves, doors, etc. but this was a big step out of my comfort zone of paper-crafting techniques.

I'm thrilled with the results!!!!

Crafting and experimenting in the heartland, Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.