Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

card-making topic: masculine birthday card

I'm so excited with how this card turned out--outside and inside! The Moxie Fab World blog Tuesday Trigger this week showed a photo (two slim pieces of cake with frosting done in loops and pennat flags reading "Let's eat cake!"). I had this in mind while putting the card together. I got some circles and a lasso put not quite the loops and no room to do any kind of pennat.

The card is for a friend who was born and reared in Texas, so I wanted to honor the roots for this good ole boy.

Card cover and inside cardstock have three layers of ink: yellow-orange, beige, and brown. Dark orange and orange with white circle papers are Colorbok. Decorative scissors aren't quite a traditional zig-zag but this pair reminded me of barbed wire points. Basic white card from Paper Wishes. Jute twine was purchased at a local hardware store. The horse and horseshoe photos are Pebbles Inc's P Real Life Snapshots Cardstock Stickers. The inside sentiment was typed in Algerian font. A few other supplies were from 'my stash'.

Like I started in this post, I'm thrilled with how this card looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.