Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

card topic: Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World blog

This Tuesday's Trigger certainly inspired me this week. Growing up in the 60s-70s, Pyrex bowls like those shown were in every relative's home.

Tomorrow, May 29, my great uncle Curt and aunt Georgia Ann will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary. They are even renewing their vows!!! At 94 1/2 and almost 93 years of age, I think this is just absolutely darling!!! And what wouldn't be a great inspirational design but using a retro vibe and bright summer sunshine colors!!! A quick list of some of the supplies were PW/HOTP for gold dazzles, Colorbok for most of the papers, and CardMaker Kit for 2 papers. A quick note of some techniques used were: sanding/distressing edges, decorative scissors, adapting stencils for birds and branches, and foam tab elevating for hearts, birds, and branches.

Here's my Moxie Fab card:

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card. What an awesome occasion. They will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of pulling the colors from that set of bowls! Nice card for a wonderful occasion. It was only a year and a half ago that my grandparents celebrated their 75th. I think it's wonderful inspiration to see couples married that long and still in love with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks also for your comments on my blog. Loved the idea of ties or vests for the gingerbread men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is rel pretty i love the little birds. i have tried to leave comments on everyones blogs but they seem to be having issues

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becca! What a lovely approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 70 years married... that's amazing! They are going to adore this card in it's bright happy colours!

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.