Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

card-making topic: embellishing a pre printed birthday card

My second post for the day will be short and sweet. Last night, I took a pre-printed happy birthday card from Hot Off the Press (purchased through Paper Wishes) and added to it.

The card has so many different colors in the printed fonts that I decided to use purple and blue. I used an old stencil pattern to get the shell-scalloped pieces for the cover and inside; outlined with purple marker; cut small sections of satin ribbon and stapled; added crystal jewels (from PW); added celebrations tag embellishment for cover; and added computer word processor typed sentiment phrase that I used decorative scissors and inked edges for the inside. What I like best probably is how I mimicked the direction and layout of the inside paper like the cover one.

2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea to jazz up a pre-printed card ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab--thanks for feedback on the posting!

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.