Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

card making topic: inspired by last week's MFW blog's Tuesday Trigger

Oh, all right! I'm accused of being late all the time and this time they are correct because it wasn't until early hours this morning that I saw the May 15 deadline "skirting the issue" photo inspiration trigger.

So I went ahead and created 2 cards that will be donated to Operation Write Home. One card has softer, daintier sun-kissed colors and the other is bolder, more dramatic.

The softer version's papers are from Hot Off The Press purchased through Paper Wishes and the clear acrylic stamps used were from Studio G. The bolder version has one paper (checked) from CardMaker Kit and the other 3/2 papers I think are both from DCWV.

Both have outside inked edges and also on the sunburst embellishments.

I'm excited with how my interpretations turned out!

Here's the inspiration photo:

2 comments:

  1. You may have been late, but what a great cause these beautiful cards are going to, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have had many relatives serve in several branches of the military; have had 2 cousins recently discharged from the army; a cousin's spouse expected home from the Middle East next weekend; and another cousin still in Nebraska's Air National Guard. I'm proud of all our military and their families.

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.