Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

card-making: participating in a circle 'trade' swap

For the month of May I am not participating in the regular monthly card swap through Paper Wishes message board but I am taking part in a circle swap. In my group there are 5 crafters (one in Canada and 4 scattered over the US) and we each start a card. There is no set pre-determined limit or restrictions on how much (or what we do) for each 'stage' except the majority of what is used needs to be Paper Wishes/HOTP purchased items.

Pictured will be the card I started and mailed out (orange/peach/yellow) last weekend. Then about 4 days later or 2 days ago, I received a card started by the person ahead of me on our "list". So she did step 1 and I got to do step 2 (3 purple card photos). [I decided that since there were 3 others after me, they could do labels/sentiment/embellishments. I did the start of a focal piece for front w/ 2 complementary papers and then repeated one of those papers to the inside.]

Over the course of the next 2 weeks, I should be receiving 3 more cards to add something(s) to. And within 2-3 weeks, I should be receiving my card back all completed.

Someone else will be determining the theme/occasion. I'm assuming mine will be appropriate for a girl or woman since I had a yellow paper rose embellished on the card front. (maybe it will be thinking of you, birthday, or get well...?)

Check back for posts updating on other cards and for what my starter card finishes looking like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.